Banana bread is one of my favourite treats but I ended up adding some chocolate chips one night hubby fancied something different.
55g chocolate chips
225g caster sugar
2 large ripe bananas
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
280g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
3 beaten eggs
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon demerara sugar
1. Place chocolate chips in freezer 20 mins and Preheat oven to 160c
2. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin or loaf tin
3. Heat butter and sugar till melted and allow to cool.
4. Mash bananas with vanilla.
5. Sift flour,salt and bicarb into butter mix and gently mix in bananas.
6. Stir in eggs
7. Fold in chocolate chips.
8. Transfer to prepared tin
Topping is optional
1. Rub butter and flour together till it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in demerara and sprinkle over cake mix
Bake till cake springs back and a skewer comes out clean. This takes about 1 1/4 hours.
There you have it quick and easy and gorgeous with a cuppa.
Till next time preeners